We’re looking for a seasoned and passionate engineer interested in joining our early-stage venture as a full-time DevOps engineering manager. In this role, you will improve our CI/CD automation, testing, and security to scale our health tech application across several continents.
Elfie has the ambitious mission to save millions of people every year. Our vision is to provide a holistic and gamified solution to chronic diseases, the silent killers of our generation.
25% of all people die from a chronic disease (hypertension, diabetes, cholesterol). The good part is that it could be avoided if people followed their doctor's prescription and lifestyle recommendations. The sad part is that they don't due to lack of awareness of danger, unwillingness to change lifestyle, and costs to follow treatment (lifelong).
Elfie is a chronic disease management application that gamifies self-monitoring and supports patients across the world. It is promoted by 10,000s doctors and endorsed by healthcare leaders.
You can access the Elfie app here (geofenced): https://testflight.apple.com/join/gLBNXl2Q
- Coding – building Continuous delivery pipelines, including Infra-as-Code and using Terraform/Docker/Groovy/Python
- Documentation and automation tool creation - make the team more scalable by creating self-documenting technical systems and building scripts and tools to boost developer productivity
- Operate – participate on follow-the-sun duties for the release pipelines and ensure that availability, performance and scalability are actually reached
- Secure – manage user access rights, run penetration tests, plan and run disaster recovery tests
- Science and Data Analysis - study production infrastructure and application monitoring and logging systems to help identify root causes behind complex problems, propose hypotheses, and conduct low-risk experiments to prove or disprove hypotheses
- Communication and collaboration - participating in the discovery, refinement, articulation, and implementation of scalable software development patterns
- Contribute to a culture of quality and innovation in your team and across the company
Here is Tech Stack that we use at Elfie:
- DevOps: GitHub, Cloud Build, Cloud Run, Docker
- Testing: Jest, Appium, Cucumber
- Back-end: Node.js (NestJS / TypeScript), GCP (PubSub, Cloud Tasks, Functions, …)
- Front-end: Flutter, Firebase suite (Authentication, Firestore, Storage, Messaging, …)
- Analytics: DataStudio, BigQuery, Google Analytics, UXcam, Adjust
Tech Expertise required to be successful:
- Hands-on experience working as a DevOps area
- CI/CD implementations experience
- Experience with Terraform / Pulumi and GCP
- Version control system (strong Git is a must, Gitflow is a plus)
- High-level programming languages such as Typescript, Java, Scala
- Experience with Jenkins pipelines and Groovy
- Intermediate or higher English level (B1+), both written and spoken
Experience required to be successful
- 5~9 years of relevant industry experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment with quick iteration, continuous deployment, and test-driven development;
- Excellent communication skills in English (professional and personal fluency); Vietnamese is a plus.
- Positive attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves and dig deep to achieve goals;
- Strong bias for action - you know we have a lot to deliver and you can help us get there
What's great about this role?
- Work with a team of talented and committed software engineers to deliver products that you can be proud of,
- Use modern technologies, with full autonomy on technical orientations and decisions
- Deliver a product that has a positive impact on people's health, worldwide, and is backed by large healthcare corporations and institutions,
- Global footprint (Latin America, Southeast Asia) with roll-out plan in Europe for 2022
- Senior leadership team with successful previous exits,
- Direct coaching by former Youtube and Slack Global Engineering Leads,
- Flexible working location (engineering team timezone is GMT+7),
- Very attractive package.
What's difficult about the role?
- You will be fully visible and accountable for your work.
- You will directly work with experts who expect you to be excellent in your field.
- Global product and standards to ensure quality, security, scalability.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying